PRSA/SENE Announces Two New Additions To 2014 Board of Directors
Industry group welcomes Chris Watson, Matt Miller to Board
Providence, RI – June 16, 2014 – The Southeastern New England Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA/SENE) added two new directors to its 2014 Board of Directors. The directors will join seven other board members who oversee one of the region’s largest professional organizations for public relations professionals.
The two new board members are Chris Watson of Barrington, R.I. and Matt Miller of North Kingstown, R.I. Watson will serve as secretary for the board while Miller will be serving as programming chair.
PRSA/SENE board president Giselle Mahoney is pleased at the prospect of adding two new members to the board.
“Chris Watson and Matt Miller bring unique but equally valuable skill sets to the board,” Mahoney said. “Their expertise and enthusiasm will be great additions to our group. I know they will add value to our members throughout Southeastern New England.”
Chris Watson is a 20-year communications and marketing professional, and the founder and principal of Ship’s Log Communications. He previously served as director of marketing for KVH Industries and Gilbane Building Company. Chris is a graduate of Macalester College in St. Paul, Minn. and the Sea Education Association in Woods Hole, Mass.
Matt Miller serves as Director of Business Development in New England for PR Newswire. Matt has more than eight years experience in the public relations field, with expertise in content distribution, news monitoring and measurement. Matt received both his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees from Iona College.
The other PRSA/SENE board members are:
- Giselle Mahoney (North Kingstown, R.I.), manager of communications and public relations, Tech Collective - President
- Michael J. Cerio (Cranston, R.I.), principal, Cerio Communications – Immediate Past Chapter President
- Michael Masseur (Douglas, Mass.), account executive, RDW Group – President Elect
- Scott Fraser (North Scituate, R.I.), principal, Fraser Communications Group – Treasurer
- Brian Hodge (Providence, R.I.), communications & social media manager, Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau – PR/Communications Chair
- Andrea McHugh (Newport, R.I.), marketing & communications manager, Discover Newport – Membership Chair
- Sarah Beron (Bristol, R.I.), public affairs and strategic communications, Advocacy Solutions, LLC –PRSSA Liaison
Upcoming PRSA/SENE include a Summer Social co-hosted with Newport Interactive Marketers (NIM) on Thursday, July 31st from 6:00-9:00 pm at the Top of Newport Bar on the rooftop of the Hotel Viking. The board is also planning its signature Meet the Media event for September. For more information and to register for the Summer Social, visit www.prsasene.org.